Monday, June 15, 2009

Is Giving up, Giving in?

I am asked a question by my daughter and my answer is no. The phone rings, and it is a call I actually need to take. The twins decide they need me right away, and Lex decides she is going to ask me the same question once again- all the while I am trying to have an important conversation on the phone.

Moving about the house does not help when I have a blurred shadow of four, which seems to be following me. I try my hardest to continue the conversation, get the babies what they need, and tell Lex once again the answer is, no!

My shadow which contains the haze of four little impressions seems to have not yet disappeared. I once again get the babies what they need, I am again asked the same question by Lex, and the answer "FINE!" seemed to jump off my tongue in a fit of distress for one minute of peaceful interaction between me and the person on the other end of the phone line.

Is giving up, giving in? Sometimes, but once in a while I need that brief moment that comes when I do!

1 comment:

  1. How many times I have asked myself this same question??? Too many to count. I find 'yes' slipping off the tongues of me and my husband more oftne. As Liliyana gets older and her cries become more piercing the no turns to yes a lot quicker than before. The question I struggle with now is 'When will we stop and put our foot/feet down?'

    ReplyDelete