Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I, Adult

Why are you going? What are you doing? How long is that going to take? Why do you have to ____? When are you going to ____? Who are you talking to? ...and on and on and on... why, why , why, why, why......

When you reach adulthood, you have a sense of relief that you no longer have to answer to anyone. Well, let's just say it- our parents! We no longer have to justify what we do, when we do it, or how we did it...

...until you have children! Children are curious, dependent, caring, loving, and oh, so innocent! It's not easy though, when I feel like I have to answer more questions now as an adult-than I ever did.

I constantly have to justify why I did things in that particular way, and why not the "other" way. We all have to answer to someone and once you have children that's who your answering to! The answer "just because" or "because I'm the mom" hasn't yet left my mouth, though I've been very tempted. I may break eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment